bath side panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive decorated the bathroom, stripped mouldy paper, extended tiles up to ceiling and repainted and sealed in the bath

had to rip out the side panel as was wooden and secured with rusty screws so now i need inspiration for a new one and also any hints and tips as im a definate newbie to decorating as its my first house

Gaz

ps - i was thinking about tiling the side panel as i have loads of leftover tiles, but unsure where i would start

Sponsored Links
I took the bath panels that came with my bathroom suite and fitted them with the flat back showing (face inwards), then tiled them with the same tiles I used on the walls. Looks better than plain the standard bathpanel IMO.
I did need to rout out a couple of areas of the original face though so that it would clear the bath legs.
It's easier to tile the panels when they're flat on the floor, fit them to the bath then grout.
Please forgive the toys - I haven't grown out of them yet :oops:

bathpanel.jpg

Hope this helps,
Gcol

thats great thanks mate, i destroyed my wooden side panel so wil be starting from scratch unfortunately

i shall make the move next weekend and get it done

Think about making the side panel removal or door trap for inspection if need be.

Sponsored Links
ive had this idea in my head although im unsure how i would effectively make it removeable or put in a door or access panel as i would be grouting the tiles and have tiled floor so would grout the panel to the floor at the bottom and was intending to grout to the bath at the top

is this wrong?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back