Bath waste to manhole

P

peter1450

Hi
Another problem with my bathroom renovation ! Bath waste ran a shallow trap into a large bore copper ( i think) waste, that in turn was capped into a clay waste pipe that enters the manhole next to the toilet waste.I have replaced the toilet waste with plastic as they were damaged, what is the best way to connect a 40mm solvent pipe at floor level or below into the manhole? any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers Pete

ps no one answered my first post about the toilet soil pipe having no vent stack, is this how they were built in the early 1900,s and will it cause any problems? ,as it seems to have worked for the last 90 years! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi Pete
First thing all soil stacks must be vented either by normal stack rising away 600mm from the eaves or by an a air admitance valve letting air in not out which can be located in a stub stack or in your loft depending on the property configuration.
As for your 40mm waste, best way is to boss it into the soil stack making sure it is not opposite where the wc joint is.
If you can get a hold of the water regs either online copy or from your library it gives detailed info all this type of installation.
Good luck
Pete

Hi Thanks for taking the trouble to reply,i can fit a soil vent no problem at the moment(large hole in floor! REgards the 40mm waste , can white solvent pipe be joined with a boss to the underground soil pipe and be back filled? , or is there a better way of handling the job ? There is a concrete floor so the fall of the bath waste is very shallow and at floor level . Cheers Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back