Bathroom / Bedroom Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My next project at home is to have a an en-suite in my bedroom. Yes literally. With the exception of the toilet everyting else will actually be in one half of my bedroom. I've planned it all out to scale and it all looks lovely but I've got a few concerns that I'm not sure about.

1. Clearly getting rid of steam will be a problem but I will have to fit an extraction fan over the shower area. The trouble is this is a party wall and the window is about 3 metres away. I was thinking about extracting up into the loft then on out of the roof. Any thoughts on whether this is possible - the steam would have to travel about 3-4 metres and i'm concerned it would condense and then drip back in....

2. What is the position regarding electrics? The room is very large and i don't want to have to have a pull cord of the bedroom light. Clearly I wont put the wrong type of lighting in the bathroom area but as its one room I wondered if this is illegal. And if it is does that matter? would it actually be dangerous???

3. Similarly I'd need plus points near the bed and dressing table (not on the bathroom side) - does this present problems?

Any thoughts?

Emma

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back