Bathroom Extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fitting a fan in bathroom, it has permenant live, switch live & neutral. Bathroom light is flourescent with a pull cord switch. How do I wire it all up via a fused spur so that fan comes on when light is switched on.

Sponsored Links
what do the instructions say? The fan you have is designed to "over run" (just thought i would mention that) you wire it across the light,

Your live and neutral connections can come from your lighting ring main and the switch live from your pull cord or light switch

I don't think I've ever seen a lighting ring main in a domestic property. They are usually radials.

You should not need a fused spur if you are wiring into the existing lighting circuit.

Please have a look at the reference section for wiring diagrams

PS which room is this going in?. Also note this is notifiable work if its going in a bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I am new to this, I didn't see the posting date.

Just trying to help a few people out that all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back