bathroom lighting and extractor fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks I know you will be able to answer this pretty soon as its very simular to a question asked by pipme re ducting etc .
Ok here goes. I got the basics for wiring the buggers up (extractor fan on timer that is that is ) intent taking supply from ceiling rose got the bit of advice also bout the triple pole isolation switch and the pic of them (thanks breezer). Talking to a guy at the electrical suppliers today and he told me to fit the switch as close as is practical to to fan , which I intend to site in the ceiling , He showed me a plastic kinda retractable box which with the aid of adjustable lugs slips into the cavity between the joists/or raftersand with the aid of the lugs makes a snug fit via the plaster board(whats the correct name for this type of box?) Just want to check with you good folks that it is ok to have this type of switch and box in the bathroom and mounted on the ceiling of my loft conversion in the bathroom . ?
Also could someone also recomend the type of extractor fan to use (with a little pic if poss )

thanks

nigelsz

Sponsored Links
Greenwood AXS100 Radial Fan.

Good Quality, quiet and efficient.

see here

Other makes are Xpelair and Ventaxia

However Greenwood are the best in my opinion for this type of fan.

It is OK to fit the tripple pole Isolator into a fastfix/drylining/plasterboard box (take your pick on name).

Just ensure that both lugs are fully secure or you will not be able to scree the Isolator into place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back