bathroom lights and extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
am replacing bathroom pendant light with safe wall light and adding an extractor fan with timer not to be connected to light so it works independently.

is my best option to use a besa box and connectors in the loft above so:

main feed comes in and light and switch go to 1 gang of 2 gang switch.

then from fan take 3 core and earth to triple pole isolator - 3 core from isolator to besa box where 1L core goes to main L, 1 N core to main N and swL connects with swL of 1mm T&E cable runing down to 2nd gang of switch plate so that the 2 gang switch has one for light and one for timed fan but work independently from each other.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
sorry just to add - I guess from the besa box will also come the cable continuing the loop system for the rest of the non bathroom circuit and the cable for the shaver socket. I am concerned there are too many cables for the connector blocks as this will be 7 earths.

would I be better to take the shaver socket off the loop rose prior to the bathroom/besa box and take a spur off the loop rose after the bathroom to feed the besa box so that i am only dealing with 5 earths, etc in the actual box and lightening the load housed in the connectors.

excuse the waffle !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back