Bathroom shower panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As for tiles vs panels it depends on the overall look you want. Our bathroom was mainly tiled so the panels added a nice contrast / feature. Had we gone tiles all round it would have looked a little too tile-ey…. if that’s such a word :confused:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm specifically wondering about the seal strips that go at the bottom i.e. the junction to the shower tray (or bath).

Do people recommend using them or just butting up against the tray?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just butt them up to the tray...great care, plenty of silicone and the weight of the panels squishes the sealant out nicely.
John :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did you use the sealing strips at the bottom or just silicone in?
I followed the panel makers recommendation which was iirc a 10mm bedding of the PU colour matched sealant they provided.
I did use a sealant strip on the back of the shower tray to seal it to the wall and the panels, just as a belt and braces thing. But you can't see that, it's just behind the panel.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have read these panels can be fixed direct to the wooden frame if I remove the plasterboard so I end up with a bigger shower area, is this right and advisable please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local