Bathroom Sink Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a mixxer tap, a modern one and when you place the handle on the hot water, the tap pressure is really low.

When the mixer handle is on the cold water it is good pressure and cold but when the mixxer handle is in the middle, there is only cold water...

my question is why is the hot water pressure so low...???

Thanks in Advance
Baz

Sponsored Links
Is the hot fed from a combi or a tank?

If its from a tank then it won't be under mains pressure, and if your cold is from mains pressure then the two sides aren't balanced and the cold will beat the hot.

Bazbox said:
How will I know if the feed is from a Tank or Combi Boiler?

Well first off, have you got a Combi boiler?? These heat the water up on demand and are usually high-ish pressure.
A tank fed system - or gravity system - usually has cold water storage tanks in the loft and a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard.

I suspect you have tank fed hot water, but mains fed cold. If you also have a basin mixer that is unsuitable for low pressure systems ( this is very common - they are often mis sold ), then the problem will be eccentuated. Other factors like bad plumbing and flexible tap connectors dont help either.

Sponsored Links
I have both types of water system, a cold water tank in the loft with a cyclinder below it in the bedroom cupboard and also a combi bolier in the kitchen.

the pipes from the bathroom sink goes from the taps into a sealed unit.

Is there any way of finding out where the water from the pipes come from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back