bathrooms and plasterboard

ogc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
the plaster on the walls in my bathroom is shot and has had to come off but idont know the best way of re-doing the walls.

plasterboard and skin or replaster it, considering its a bathroom and it will get humid,

im not sure as to which way is the best and the pros and cons of each, or even if there is another way to do it.

help appreciated..

cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends on where the walls are.

The way I did my bathroom was to use "aqua panel" in any areas that would get wet. This is similar to plasterboard and comes in standard plasterboard sizes (12.5mm thick). Then in areas that wouldn't get wet I used standard plasterboard.

Note that I am tiling the whole room, but I should think it would be the same if you're not. Other than that with tiles you shouldn't skim the plasterboard first as the tiles will get better support glued straight onto the boards.

thanks.

i am going to use board i think although now there are a couple of options. i could dot and dab or batten and fix the board.

can anyone offer any advice as we live in an old victorian place and th house is prone to movement because i have seen it happen in the last year.

ayone used dot and dab in an old house?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back