Baxi 105e Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I have a baxi 105e boiler and have recently noticed a minor leak.

It is where the diverter manifold assembly is, and appears to be coming from a hole near where the two grub screws are that secures the diverter valve assembly to the manifold.

Does anyone know what part is likely to have failed, i.e an o ring, and if so, whether I can obtain a new o ring or whether the entire diverter valve assembly would need to be replaced?

The interesting thing is that the fluid seeping from there has a sort of greasy feel to it, i.e. it doesn't feel like ordinary water.

Many thanks in advance.

Robert.

Sponsored Links
Ah well, if it's mingin water, it'll be from the pretty mauve bit, central seal.
Baxi-diverter3-.gif

There's an O ring in there which doesn't come out.
I can buy the offending bit separately, but I don't think you can...
It's like this inside
Baxi-105-diverter-LEAKPOINT.gif

It would be normal to replace the whole valve!

If you are really mean you could dismantle the valve and see which part is actually leaking but this is most likely to be the tail piece which is not normally available seperately.

Why give yourself so much trouble for the sake of a few pounds?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
It would be normal to replace the whole valve!

If you are really mean you could dismantle the valve and see which part is actually leaking but this is most likely to be the tail piece which is not normally available seperately.

Why give yourself so much trouble for the sake of a few pounds?

Tony

i wouldnt buy a whole valve until id checked if the leak was coming from the diaphragm housing. usually you can get the tiny o-ring replaced. i cant remember if that housing has a nut on the outside or if its got to be removed from the inside.

are you losing pressure on the guage?

ABsolutely - tho "greasy" water perhaps unlikely to be the tap water.
Can one just undo the grub screws and pull it apart springing the pipes a bit? I can't remember.

i agree chris its unlikely but i hate ordering parts for unconfirmed faults.

i think you might get away with massaging the venturi pipes out of the way but i wouldnt :LOL:

Hi Everyone, thanks for the replies so far.

I am not losing pressure according to the gauge, which made me assume it wasn't system water that was leaking, as I would have expected the pressure to drop slowly but surely. Is this assumption correct?

Agile, I know what you mean about replacing the whole thing out of convenience e.t.c, but it seems a waste to me to throw a valve assembly, that is essentially working fine, away just because of a damage seal that probably costs a few pence! I know it is a throw away society that we live in these days.

Chris R, would it be possible for you to obtain the part and sell it onto me then? I guess it is the usual 'have to be corgi registered' business with Baxi. However, since this is a water seal and not a gas seal, I'm sure I could fix this myself if I could get the right part. How much would the part cost that you mention?

Thanks,
Rob.

One leak leads to another....
and then the dhw diaphragm needs replacing....

Its not the cheapest option but I would replace the complete assy
part number 248061 relatively quick and easy

The spindle is lubricated with silicone grease (greasy water)?

Baxpoti, I have already replaced the DHW diaphram. That went in July time last year.

Do you know what the going rate is for the Diverter Valve Assembly then, just so I know I'm not paying through the nose for one?

Thanks,
Rob.

robbierazz said:
What's the difference between part number 248061 and 248062 then?.

248061 HYDRAULIC OUTLET ASSEMBLY =
248062 VALVE - 3 WAY ASSEMBLY 1 + 248063 PRESSURE DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY

The spindle is lubricated with silicone grease (greasy water)?
Yes that was occurring to me while I was saying it couldn't be that - I believe a "perhaps" went in on account of it!
Dissolved rubber O rng imparts a dusky hue too.

So basically, I need to replace the entire assembly at a cost of around 80 quid, even though a small o ring is probably all that's gone, at a cost of a few pence. Blimey, life really does suck sometimes!

If anyone can sell me just the offending part then I'd be most interested. I have already stripped part of the assembly down before to replace the DHW valve diapragm, so feel confident enough to strip the other part down if necessary too.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Rob.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back