Baxi 105e Switch on tap(hot or cold) gas burner switches off

G

Goldenclogg

Can anyone help?
I have a Baxi105e which seems quite an unreliable combi and have replaced several components already.
This weeks latest fault is, although the pump works, the water gradually heats up while being pumped around system,(ie burner ignites but does not give increased flame), and now if I switch the hot or cold tap on the flame goes out immediately. Both heat sensors and diaphrams have been replace within the last 6 months.
Does anybody have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I do have a gas supply as the boiler ignites initially but then goes out. If there is a problem with the gas supply wouldn't there be no gas at all?

Goldenclogg said:
I do have a gas supply as the boiler ignites initially but then goes out. If there is a problem with the gas supply wouldn't there be no gas at all?

No, could just be a low working pressure which can be found out by corgi fitter

Sponsored Links
Correction:

Leave cold tap on and gas stays on, only when the hot tap is switched on the gas supply (orange LED) switches off.

Leave cold tap on and gas stays on, only when the hot tap is switched on the gas supply (orange LED) switches off.

MENTAL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What is your working pressure at the boiler ? What is your working pressure at the meter ? What is your minimum burner pressure ? What is your maximum burner pressure....etc etc......

Guess this exercise is pretty pointless without testing equipment. I mistakenly thought this was an advice forum for all people with plumbing problems in their homes, Corgi qualified or not.
I am afraid I am one of those minority groups who is NOT a qualified fitter (ie corgi) but do have faults with their systems and who is just looking for advice.
I will try a DIY forum instead, I am sure there are some around to give tips and advice or even say, get a "Corgi Engineer" to sort it. Thanks.

gas4you said:
No, could just be a low working pressure which can be found out by corgi fitter

You may be sarcastic but obviously cant read and miss the basics. I would definitely leave your boiler alone :rolleyes:

We seem to be getting more ungrateful s*** on here today than usual :rolleyes:

Goldenclogg said:
Correction:

What the **** has the cold tap got to do with this situation,i really do despair. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back