BAXI 105HE instant - how to fully disable the instant bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You probably know what I mean, you get a boiler that's supposed to be more-economical over time and easy on the environment, but don't we pay through the nose for coping on that noise. I have turned down the instant bit (the maintained water temperature in the storage tank) to the minimum and the boiler still keeps going for a fair bit longer after I turn off the hot water tap. I found a technique that forces it to stop though, turn hot water tap ON then OFF quickly (for about half a second), but that's annoying and not right I guess.
It would be very handy if I could lay my hands on the source code for that boiler, but don't keep my hopes high on this. Does anyone know if this instant mode can be turned OFF somehow? Like on a washing machine you can get into a diagnostics mode by certain key-presses.
Please share if you know how to get into BAXI's diagnostics mode, I'm sure there must be one.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
just turn the temperature control down on the front as low as it can go that will turn it off :LOL:

there is another way but it means messing about with pcb which we dont recommend ;)

gazthepottertonengineer said:
just turn the temperature control down on the front as low as it can go that will turn it off :LOL:

there is another way but it means messing about with pcb which we dont recommend ;)
please tell me how, temp control is at the minimum already, but that's not good enough.
I don't mind messing with pcb, in fact I have a pretty good idea about pcbs. please mail me: [email protected]
otherwise I'll have to be the first one in UK to build a small boiler house in the other end of the garden, then I can turn ON the instant bit. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back