BAXI 133HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Baxi 133 HE

Ignition failure light keeps coming on. Isolation switched off then resetting the boiler attempts a few times to ignite an run but after about 6 attempts locks out and ignition failure light comes on.
Any help appreciated. Boiler 13 mths old

Thanks

jaffa1

Sponsored Links
Sounds as if the flame is not being established or if it is it is not being detected.

Have you checked to ensure that the gas supply is present at the boiler and has not been turned off by accident?

Your boiler may well still be under a guarantee.

Tony

Hi There Tony

Thanks for prompt reply. Yes I have checked for o/k gas supply . Can you elaborate on flame not being established etc. I am electrically and mechanically compitant but need some guidance please ( servicable parts etc). Locals have had some bad experiances with what they have said as so called boiler engineers so just treading carefully. Again thanks

jaffa1

Hi

Isn't it always the same the light diagnosis gives every combination except what I have got which is mains green light on everything else off.

jaffa1

Sponsored Links
Your first post said you got an ignition failure light!

Your last post seems to say you have only a mains supply indication ???

Tony

check electrodes arnt sparking outside the combustion case, and check all electrode leads are intact and not traped/melted together....

Hi Again

Must apologise for fault description earlier.
The boiler is intermittant in that after reset it sometimes attempts to ignite again but also sometimes will not attempt until isolation for a few minutes then try again whereit tries again to ignite a few times but then ignition failure fault is resumed . I have checked for 240v on gas valve feed cable outer pins when boiler is attempting ignition 240v is present which suggests a gas valve fault ________ Wonder if you agree.

Thanksagain

jaffa1

I would agree but only if, as a CORGI, I had measured the gas pressure at the outlet AND there was no pressure BUT there was pressure at the inlet!

Otherwise I would be first checking to see if there was a spark at the spark electrodes !!!!

I always look for the simplest faults first!

Tony

I agree Agile its quite easy to remove the electrode assembly turn off the gas supply to boiler and check for spark :rolleyes:

Hi All

Thanks Agile and Baxman for further info. I tried the boiler this morning having left it isolated overnight as we were at friends. What ever the fault is it has now really developed as I have only green light showing power present and no attempts to ignite at all even swithing off and on again numerous times. looks like I need to go cap in hand to Baxi. They must put a self distruct after 12 mths use device in these boilers as it only 13 mths old.

Diagnosis now seems to shift to PCB ???????????

Jaffa1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back