Baxi 80e Pilot light won't stay lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. My Baxi 80e boiler is 4 yrs old. About 6 months ago after I had a bathroom fitted (including new radiator) the water pressure dropped and despite filling, wouldn't hold.
I bled my radiators and had the plumbers back, who tightened up the valve on the bathroom radiator which was leaking slightly.
Between then and now - all was fine.
Tonight, however, the CH went off and I realised the pilot had gone out - and again, pressure was below 1 bar. I filled water to 1.75, turned the left dial anticlockwise (as suggested in manual which I have downloaded) to reset and the light fired up.

Since then, however, it just keeps going out after anywhere bewteen 10 seconds and 5 minutes.

Pressure has not dropped and this has been going on (or not!) for the last 6 hours now.

What's happening? Anything I can do/am doing before I call out a Baxi engineer that I can't afford to pay?

Appreciate your help! :(

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Baxi 80e doenst have a pilot light burner lits on demand/ call for heat hotwater it sounds like the flame sensor may not be rectifing so shutting down the burner
If you put a demand on does the burner light fail light fail several times before locking out???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back