Baxi Bahama 100 LEAKING?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya. Before I start excuse my ignorance of all things plumping.
I have peprussurised my Baxi B 100. It is sitting happily at 1.5 on the gauge. Unfortunetly water has begun to leak, slowly, from around the red chamber, collecting on the lip. What have I done? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You need to see where the water is coming FROM not where its collecting!

It may well be coming from the combustion chamber above, in that case it needs a CORGI engineer to deal with it and it might be expensive.

If its the red thing then its called an expansion vessel! If its leaking itself then in your case its very easy to change!

The leak would have caused the pressure to fall and you reacted by increasing it. The problem occured on its own and is nothing to do with your reaction.

Tony Glazier

Cheers for that. The water is is definately not dripping from above. It seems to be coming up from the join in the expansion vessel. So you reckon this needs replaced?

I dont think you need an expert opinion to decide that it needs replacing if its leaking !!!

Tony

Sponsored Links
if it not leaking form yhe schreder valve on the expansion vessel (the red thing) in my experince it is probably coming form the auto air release located on top of the appliance on the right of the flue elbow.

I agree that they rarely leak, but he has clearly said "The water is is definately not dripping from above".

In that case we have to respect what he says and advise him it needs changing.

Tony

the water can run down the outside of the combustion chamber and collect on the seam of the expansion vessel. its is better that the auto air release is checked first as it costs allot less.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back