Baxi Bermuda back boiler

spi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have the an old back boiler, now the problem is my central heating is working but my rads are not fully getting hot..?

i have checked all the rads,,,seem ok,av bled all of them..?
my stat is up

is ther a thermostat on the boiler which i can increase the temp..?

sometimes i can hear it go on/off,, as if it reached it s temp,,,but according to stat it has not.

Sponsored Links
yes pull off bottom trim under the fire and you will see customers stat dial.but if it has not been serviced recently it may be in need of a clean

Ah this brings me back to my old bermuda back boiler. I had nothing but trouble with it since I moved in. Like you the rads were not hot enough. Recently changed the boiler to a baxi 105he and the rads are now extremly hot. The plumber said the old boiler was just not up to the job which seems right now.

The back boiler if its operating properly and has had its annual service is quite capable of giving a nice 82 ° C flow to the radiators.

Its very inefficient but reliable as long as it has its annual service which is needed on safety grounds.

Tony

Sponsored Links
the bermuda range must be crap as they sold so many of them.
I agree with Agile. regular servicing will keep a BBU in working order longer than a modern boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back