Baxi boiler just seems dead...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, First post, but seems I am getting to do more and more fixes myself, thought I would ask about our boiler which dies this morning..

Firslt I had a new pump fitted about 18 months ago, so hopefully not that...

The baxi boiler ( I dont have the model number to hand ) is controlled by an acl lifestyle (??) LP241 box....

Usually when I switch on heating/water etc, the boiler will start to hum (?) then I can hear the ignition click a few times before the boiler will fire.

Now, when I switch on heating OR water, there is no sound at all from the boiler...there is power to the control box on the wall, but nothing from the boiler.

Just for specific information, what is the most likely cause..??

I want to get as much info as possible, before taking the cover of when I get home from work...

I am hoping that it might be a simple electrical prob...fuse for instance ?? :confused: or is it likely to be more serious ?

I crashed the car on sunday, the washing machine motor packed up on Monday and this morning the heating dies... :( ..oh well, thats three things...hopefully thats it ! :LOL: :cool:

Any simple guidance on this would be very helpful..

Cheers, Mark :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be an electrical fault, as you said it is probably just the fuse 2amp I think.

Oh yeah on the bad luck front, avoid ladders and electricity for the rest of the week... :LOL: be lucky :!:

decmaher said:
Sounds like it could be an electrical fault, as you said it is probably just the fuse 2amp I think.

Oh yeah on the bad luck front, avoid ladders and electricity for the rest of the week... :LOL: be lucky :!:

Thanks for the advice on both accounts !! ;) :)

Sponsored Links
If it's a combi, check the water pressure on the gauge.. Should be 1 bar or just over .
We need more info though, see posts at top.
It is NOT likely to be a fuse, besides, they only blow if there's something wrong!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back