Baxi Combi 105e leaking plate heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I knew that the boiler was leaking and could hear a gentle hiss. I eventually managed to find a small jet of water spraying out of the plate heat exchanger onto the wall that the boiler is mounted on. Whan the pressure in the central heating circuit falls below 0.5 bar the leak sems to stop. Do I need to change the plate heat exchanger and if so, is it straight forward enough for someone who isn't a plummer? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes it is quite common but usually the leak is internal which results in the boiler overpressurising.

Sponsored Links
I don't know the part number but i think the seals come with it, but i would ask first.

scatmanjohn said:
I don't know the part number but i think the seals come with it, but i would ask first.

anyone got a link to buy silicone grease? a very hand piece of stuff whilst renewing o rings

ANy plumber's merchant. Or 15 seconds on Google.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back