Baxi Combi 133 HE Plus - Heat Exchanger bad leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler with labour and repairs cost me almost 2.5 grand and lasted exactly 1 year and 11months :( -- 2 months ago the PCB burnt, now the Heat Exchanger started leaking and ruined the Burner too.

It was all set up by a CORGI that has nothing but the best reputation from all my friends, so I have no reason to suspect it wasn't set up correctly - just seems like a **** boiler.

The CORGI is suggesting I just buy a GLOWORM 30CXI and he'll do a direct swap for £200.00 because everything else was set up by him and he doesn't suspect any problems not caused by the poor quality of the boiler.

That would mean either I pay £650 quid to repair this one, or pay £800 to get a Gloworm put in with a 2 year warranty and sell the Baxi for parts.

Damn Baxi :(

Sponsored Links
Spend a little more on the boiler and put in a Worcester 28 si, far superior boiler ;)

clf-gas said:
Spend a little more on the boiler and put in a Worcester 28 si, far superior boiler ;)

Thanks, I was just thinking I should start a thread of what I should get to replace the Baxi, lol -- I've had a search and could only find the:

Worcester Greenstar 25Si NG -- going for £794.30 -- is that close enough?

EDIT: The 25Si only has 10L/min? -- a bit low, isn't it? (The mains pressure is enough for even the Baxi's 16L/min not to be able to keep up).

How big is the property and how many bathrooms/shower rooms and what kind of showers, ie, mixer,electric thermostatic :?: ;)

Sponsored Links
Dont fit a Glow worm they're as bad as the Baxi :rolleyes:

Go with Craigs Worcester or I would personally fit a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 ;) (a lot better than a worcester craig :LOL: )

gas4you said:
Dont fit a Glow worm they're as bad as the Baxi :rolleyes:

Go with Craigs Worcester or I would personally fit a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 ;) (a lot better than a worcester craig :LOL: )

Erm! Yeah but no but no but eah! :LOL: :LOL:

Been sent the vaillant CD ROM this morning, must say I am warming to it Dave, It dont arf burn well :LOL: ;)

No seriously Iam warming to them, Excuse the punn :LOL:

clf-gas said:
How big is the property and how many bathrooms/shower rooms and what kind of showers, ie, mixer,electric thermostatic :?: ;)

The house is around 330 square feet (I think, just a guesstimate) - it's a 3 bedroom (originally 2 bedroom) and there are 8 radiators.

It used to be the old system with 2 water tanks and I think a lot of the extra pipes have been kept.

There are 2 toilets and 1 bath.

Get the greenstar 28si then and fit with the RF roomstat and programmer,

Very intelligent piece of kit, my customer love um ;)

clf-gas said:

Where do you get one of those? - I can only find the 25si

Get the Ecotec Plus 831 with VRC400 weather compensator/programmer/room stat, if you have an available outside north wall.

hackeron said:
clf-gas said:

Where do you get one of those? - I can only find the 25si

oops! :oops: Its the junior thats 28, 25 or 30 in the greenstar.

Take the greenstar option ;)

OK Dave que the laughter and torment :LOL: :LOL:

Worcesters are horrible (IMHO overpriced carp...a sizeable chunk of the boiler cost goes on endless mailshots to installers and TV advertising) - how about considering Alpha.

Gasguru said:
Worcesters are horrible (IMHO overpriced carp...a sizeable chunk of the boiler cost goes on endless mailshots to installers and TV advertising) - how about considering Alpha.

Haha each to his own then GG :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back