Baxi Combi 80E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a baxi combi 80e, and have had it for 3 years with no problems until now. The problem is that sometimes it wont light, i have had a corgi fitter around who checked it over and serviced it. And it appeared o.k for a while. Just after he left the problem came back, it cuts out and the flame fault led flashes. I have caled him back and he said the boiler is scrap and he reccommends a new one, i cant believe that. Once it fires it runs o.k.
When it doesnt fire, it just wont have it, but i have noticed when it tries to light by squeezing a plastic tube from the burner to the gas valve it lights up o.k. I have checked the hose for splits and it seems o.k. The flame does appear to be controlled as it goes from high flame to low flame with no probs.
ANy help will be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Ask your installer to check the low burner presssure setting,if it is to low you will not acheive flame rectification.Commision the appliance.

Thanks for the reply, he checked all the pressures on the gas when he looked at it, and adjusted them to what i guess is baxi's recommendations.

I'll phone him monday and ask him just to be sure

I have just had to restart it, and noticed the flame was really low, by just squeezing that rubber pipe the flame increased and stayed high. Does it still sound like the low pressure setting. If so is there anyway of checking them, or should it be done the corgi man?

Sponsored Links
Intermittent faults can be difficult, but suggesting that you scrap the boiler at 3 years old doesn't put him in a good light. :mad:

ChrisR said:
Intermittent faults can be difficult, but suggesting that you scrap the boiler at 3 years old doesn't put him in a good light. :mad:

I agree

mind that said wouldnt it be great sometimes just to be able to throw the bloooming things away when they hurt the little grey cells ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back