baxi genisis 80

H

hav it

hi head picking time lol baxi genisis 80 combi

ch works fine, but when tap is opened no hot water and rads still get hot. iv noticed there is a 3 way valve and think this will be the problem. Is the common on this type of combi. I dont really come across many genisis on my patch ta john

Sponsored Links
If flow to rads still gets hot when hot tap is on then it sounds like the valve.

it one of thos dodgey tenants. its not been on for 5 years iv picked the problem up on a service. so god knows whats been going on in the last 5 years service.

:eek:

Don't do anything to it until you have proof of l/lords permission and that he will pay for it ;)

Sponsored Links
yeah no probs m8t thats all sorted. just looking up a part number :rolleyes:

Surely before replacing a diverter valve you would check the DHW flow switch?

Tony

hav it said:
baxi genisis 80 combich works fine, but when tap is opened no hot water and rads still get hot. iv noticed there is a 3 way valve and think this will be the problem

Three way selector, switch to '0' or off, move to heating, you should hear the motor whirr for about 2 seconds.

No whirr diverter required.

If you do this operation a few times it will sometimes free up!

thanks baxboti iv have done this to no avial. I have also swapped the flowswitches around. Thats why i was aking if someone had dealt with these on a reg basis. once agian thank you for your help :D

when i say dodgy tenant i mean he dont use the boiler at all for 5 years. knocked at the door he opened it with a thick wooly hat and thick socks ect on.
It just gets me how when it was serviced last 5 years why noone picked up on it not working right. He said its never worked since he moved in 5 years ago...

hav it said:
i mean he dont use the boiler at all for 5 years.
He said its never worked since he moved in 5 years ago.
Do you want to have a rethink about this little story, and make up your mind about whether or not it's been used during the last five years?

he has not had hot water since he moved in 5 years ago. but his heating has worked,but he does not use ..

softus to be frank i find you very very rude. If you cant help can you keep you opinions to yourself thanks

hav it said:
his heating has worked,but he does not use ..
Although your sentence is unfinished, it looks as though you're saying that the boiler has been used during the last five years.

softus to be frank i find you very very rude. If you cant help can you keep you opinions to yourself thanks
I see. And do you suppose that the tenant, should he read your post, would respect you calling him "dodgey" (sic.)?

To be frank, if you don't like my posts, then don't read them. :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back