Baxi Intellistat is it worth it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Some advice required please.
£82 for a Baxi intellistat :eek: is it worth the money or will a generic roomstat/programmer do, are there any particular brands i should fit.
My boiler is a Baxi HE 133 Plus.
Cheers.
Tim.

Sponsored Links
Is the Intellistat a programmable room stat? All the major control manufacturers make them - cheapest (£30?) might be Horstmann or ACL Drayton, more pricey Honeywell, Danfoss, etc., probably all less than £80 though. You can also get radio frequency ones that don't need to be hard wired - £100+.

I don't know the baxi products but check if it modulates the burner directly. Then it would have the advantage over the generic ones, possibly more economy but greatest benefit is less on off cycles so greater boiler life expectancy.

Paul Barker said:
I don't know the baxi products but check if it modulates the burner directly. Then it would have the advantage over the generic ones, possibly more economy but greatest benefit is less on off cycles so greater boiler life expectancy.

Yes it does it is a very clever bit of kit but also a complicated one if you are a technophobe i would avoid ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back