Baxi Solo 2 30PF no Burner initiating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help! Every year without fail this system seems to have the same fault with the same "costly" repair.
Boiler light on, Fan light on, Pilot light on -- no Burner on. The spark is clicking constantly trying to light up but no flame.
So far the pump has been replaced and the PCB. Oddly though every engineer called out seems perplexted by the problem but has no issue replacing parts that cost the earth after eventually seeming to find the fault. Yet, a year later he same issue!!
Could i please have some guidance.

Sponsored Links
Well if you've had a pump and a pcb, it isn't the "same issue".
SPark but no flame means either the pcb is not providing power to the gas valve, or the gas valve is faulty in some way. Not hard to diagnose.

The pcbs fail frequently on that model.

Thanks for the pointer,
Will source another PCB and replace. Just seems odd that the unit cannot function for more than a year without the same issue.

You need to test for 240V at the gas valve or the terminals on the pcb that supply the gas valve before buying any expensive parts!

Sponsored Links
kakprater said:
Boiler light on, Fan light on, Pilot light on -- no Burner on. The spark is clicking constantly trying to light up but no flame..

Is the pilot lit?

If it's not check the injector is clean.

If it is lit check the electrode lead is tight on to the electrode.

:LOL:

Had exactly the same symptoms.
Pump Running (eg tank thermostat calls for more heat,
Boiler on,
Fan running (but noisey), Air Sensor, if working allows Pilot to spark
Pilot on, and pilot lit but still sparking, as if not working

Tapping all around made no difference...

But found the spark plug lead sheath was covering up a break in the connector to the plug. Temporary fix and BURNER FIRED UP!!!

Thanks Guys...

Hope this helps others :LOL: :D :idea:

Hi Dan

Looks like the quick blast from the vacuum cleaner did the trick too.
It's very quiet or no discernable sound when the hot exhaust from the burner is running through.

Just as a note to all... I will be getting the Boiler serviced and settings checked by a CORGI chap, whilst he is doing my fathers "new" house boiler and gas fire, before he moves in 50m down the road.

A month ago had to replace the pump from the boiler to the Albion Heat Store. Used to get occasional noise, when running very hot. Boiling sounds.
New pump and flushed system cleared the problem.

Had problems taking off the old pump until I used WD40.

Thanks Guys :LOL:

Hot showers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back