baxi solo 2 faults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Solo 2 PF which has the following faults ,firstly about 5 times a day, the boiler fails to cut in ,to overcome
this i have to turn the boiler control to 0 wait 10 seconds and turn it to normal position, heating engineer said the fan was jammed up and replaced it,this worked ok for a week then started playing up again, and the expansion tank has started bubbling hot water and banging (system has been bleed),the pump also now stays on 24 hours, even with the heating and hot water off, has anyone any advice please :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The pump should not stay on without demand. It sounds like overheating. Could be lack of flow (faulty pump) or scaling. Probably also a lot of dirt in the system which would require a powerflush. Open vent systems like the one you have are really quite outdated. To get rid of your problems once and for all, the best thing to do is to upgrade your system to a sealed and pressurised system like Worcester or Vaillant and have the works done by a known, local company. Added benefit is that you can drink the water from every tap in the house without the danger or unacceptable levels of bacteria in summer.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if my problem is related:

I rent a place in Bath, a high limescale area. I'm not sure if that is relevant.

Our heating works fine, most of the time, apart from exorbitant gas bills despite the fact we have the heating on very rarely (as I type this I have three jumpers on, as usual in this damned fridge of a house). This isn't the immediate problem, although it would interesting to know if a technical fault could somehow boost our gas usage.

We have a Baxi Solo 40PF. The "Overheat" light won't turn off, no matter how long we leave the boiler either switched off at the mains or set to zero. The boiler doesn't even attempt to heat up, though, when we set the dial to a non-zero number, so how can it be overheating? It's probably about 15 degrees in there!

Thanks if you can give any information.

Please note forum rule 20.

The replies you did get requested more information

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back