Baxi Solo 3 50 PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi Solo 3 50 PF is about 8 years old, we have had a new circuit card put in about 18 months ago and have had no other probs up to now. The problem now is that the boiler turns on for about 50 seconds and then turns itself off. Repeats this cycle every 7-10 mins. The water is luke warm but the radiators have got no chance. It started this yesterday evening. Occasionally there is a banging noise coming from the top part of the boiler when lighting as if it can't fire up, it does eventually lite, but only for 50 seconds! Any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
Overheating.
Check
there's water in the header tank,
that you can get water out of the bleed screw on the highest rad
That the air vent V by the cylinder lets water out
VentOnPrimaries.gif

If that's all ok check the pump is turning - try changing pump pseeds to see what it does.

I think you might as well check the pump shaft first! ( See FAQ )

If its too hot to touch its almost certainly stalled.

It may be retrievable!

Tony

PS Stay away from the Manor Estate unless you want your car joyridden!

Thanks for your help, I think your both right with the pump. Pump red hot. Also half of the first rad on the system is getting hot, didn't realise this at first. Have taken out the big bleed screw and it appears to be stuck inside, think I will change today.

The pump is a Grundfos Selectric 15/50 130. I have seen this around £50.00, I have also seen some Pegler ones but cheaper, which should I go for?

Sponsored Links
gazh4 said:
The pump is a Grundfos Selectric 15/50 130. I have seen this around £50.00, I have also seen some Pegler ones but cheaper, which should I go for?

Grundfoss

If you get a Grunfoss you can just change the head as long as the valves are still working and can isolate the system water.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back