1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

baxi solo not firing up

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by bigred1, 28 Apr 2011.

1. bigred1

bigred1

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    can anyone offer advise ,i have a baxi solo 40/4 rs pilot is alight but boiler not firing, thermostat seems ok and overheat not tripped, any suggestions?.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. misterdubya

misterdubya

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Boiler fault or system fault.

Hope that helps.

Mr. W.

4. twgas

twgas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hmm, I've come across these faults before, never know if it's electrical or mechanical. ;)

5. MrGassafe2011

MrGassafe2011

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm new on here - Where are they ? Am i doing something wrong ?

RULES READ - If it is the Gas Valve you need an RGI Fitter to repair - My advice is for diagnosis ONLY !

6. Agile

Agile

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Before doing anything new to you its always best to read the rules. On this forum they are in RED with LARGER LETTERS along the top !

I have seen boilers which are not working even though they have 240v on the gas valve and the gas valve is OK !

7. expertgasman

expertgasman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Big Red, I can see that you have received the standartd level of help, advice and sarcasm from some contributors. The problem is that the rules of the forum, forbid the offering of "gas advice". They don't say you must attack and belittle at every given oppportunity.

I won't go into boiler stuff, but if you have 240V across the terminals on the gas valve, when heat or HW demanded, you defo need an RGI. If you don't, it MIGHT be able to find a faulty external to boiler. BUT, the fact that you have asked suggersts that you are not competant to trace and repair an external fault.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links