BAXI SOLO WM 30/4 PF Delayed Ignition Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just recently my boiler has taken to not firing up when it is switched on. The piot flame is lit but not the burner. Sometimes it lights after a few minutes and sometimes not at all...leaves a smell of gas in the house.

I have cleaned some debris from the burner but it has made no difference. All other parts of the system appear to be working fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Just slightly louder than normal....I wouldn't describe it as a bang. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thankyou Kev for your prompt advice. I had the boiler serviced 10 months ago by a local trader. They replaced the circuit board...three way valve....Cylinder and boiler thermo....wired it up all wrong and nothing worked. I had an electrician sort it out in the end. Might as well have got BG in to replace the whole system for what it cost.

The local boiler experts also broke the small motor fan when they removed the case...but they said it wasnt important and always happens with the Baxi boilers. Strangely enough...a few months later...the boiler started screeching when it fired up and then died. The powered flue fan had siezed! £123 later from the local suppliers in Bromsgrove and all was working again.

So Kev...have followed you advice....took the cover off the gas valve solenoid....waggled it about a bit...now its all working.

Will get it serviced properly when I can find someone as good as you :D

Those poxy little heat brittle fans always do fall off and break, it's never caused any problems on the ones I have been to, sounds like a culmination of poor work overall to me .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back