Bedroom estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
strip old wallpaper , prep walls , repaper walls with textured vinyl(approx 7 rolls) 2 coats ceiling (white) , 2 coats walls , undercoat & gloss door frame and skirtings

probably paint will come to £50 ,

how much would you charge to do the job?

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Dunno..

I wouldnt price a job over the phone..its impossible to give an accurate price.

This is the same, and remember it can go either way..to much or too little.

Too much and you wont get the job...to little and youl lose money,

So either way your in schtook.

Try and work it out how long each task will take, and work it from there by what YOU want per day...not by what WE want.

I might want 150 a day..someone else might want 90 or vice versa..and prices vary all over the UK

You will never get a answer on here to an 'how much' question

Zampa,
i saw the job, i reckon it will take me 2 days and will probably charge about 250, i was just wondering what others charge as i work on my own doing weekends and evenings (used to be full time decorator but juggling 2 jobs at the moment)
thinking about going back full time , just done a plastering course and thinking about doing a tiling course too.

ps
sorry Lynda (just read Rule 9) oops !

90 posts, only just read rule 9 :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thats a hellava of a lot to do in a weekend :eek: , stripping could take a good part of the day, then theres the filling etc, then hanging 7 rolls, then painting it,also ceiling, then undercoat and gloss too.

Are you painting the paper wet, and working thru the night lol.

I'm quite fast, and even I couldnt do all that in 2 days. :(

You would have to strip, fill, rub down and paper in the same day and then rely on the paper drying overnight (not always possible) in order for it to receive the paint..or paint the paper while its still wet..

They can only do things like that on diy programmes :rolleyes:

no i let everything dry first , you just have to work efficiently.
ie get a coat on the ceilings while waiting for filler on walls to go off etc.
i will have stripped the walls by 11 , newish house so not much filling..
doddle

You could charge me £25 and i still wouldn,t let you do the job.

AndyBill said:
doddle

That's what I thought when I looked at a job once, rubbing my hands with glee while writin the quote. Very bad language when I started the job and found they had stuck it on with ready mix special purpose :eek:. The stripperbilaty wasnt there and face would only come off in little 1" strips, Steamer, sugar soap et al....... = 2 days to strip, i'd quoted 3 days for the job :rolleyes: :evil:

:LOL: :LOL:

Happens to us all mate..happens to us all.. :evil:

confidentincompetent said:
AndyBill said:
doddle

That's what I thought when I looked at a job once, rubbing my hands with glee while writin the quote. Very bad language when I started the job and found they had stuck it on with ready mix special purpose :eek:. The stripperbilaty wasnt there and face would only come off in little 1" strips, Steamer, sugar soap et al....... = 2 days to strip, i'd quoted 3 days for the job :rolleyes: :evil:

seeings i'd already done the previous 2 bedrooms i prtetty much knew how the job would go ,
actually i finished the stripping at 12, there was only a bit of surface filling to do, got 2 coats on ceiling , papered and ucoated by 7pm.
sunday just had to go in for an hour in the mornin and hour in afternoon to coat walls ,
glossing tonite

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back