beep . . . . . . . . . . beep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's one for you: Why do smoke alarm batteries always run out in the middle of the night?

Was once woken by the smoke alarm sounding for real in the middle of the night. Then it stopped, so I tried to get back to sleep. Then it started again. I got up in a huff, went downstairs, pulled it off the ceiling, and threw it against the wall (at 3am, you dont think about opening battery flaps and silly safety mechanisms, especially with a 100dB siren wailing in your ears). I just went back to bed! Turned out it was knackered, we had only bought it 3 months previously. Just decided to start sounding randomly one night.

But what if there had been a fire? And i just tried to get back to sleep? :eek: I have been woken so many times in the night by smoke alarm batteries and false soundings, i just dont take it seriously any more! And why is it always me that goes and fixes the problem? :evil:

Rant over!

Sponsored Links
thats why the bco want mains ones

although mains with back up batteries still suffer the same problem, but the batteries last longer, and you only remeber the times when they go off at night.

the answer must be to put the batties in at night :LOL:

Our last house had mains ones and every time I put the grill or the oven on the darned thing would go off :rolleyes: .

I think the same thing applies to mobile phone batteries too - either my hubby's or one of the kids always seems to be beeping in the night and of course they always sleep through it & I'm usually the one padding round the house at 3am in my jim jams trying to find the offending beep :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back