Belfast Sink Waste

j03

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A friend recently gave me an old Belfast sink, similar to, but a bit larger than this one:

belfast_18x15.jpg

I've been looking for waste and plugs for it but can't see how any that I've seen will work because of the overflow outlet in the hole at the bottom.

I would ideally like a basket strainer but none of the ones I can see on the web look as though they have any inlets for this outlet.

Can anyone point me in the right direction if they know anywhere that sells them and also explain how the water from the overflow gets expelled?

Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
the overflow outlet like any sink works by emptying the water to a point below the plug
in this case only just below the plug so it wouldnt be possible to fix a wire strainer as it would block the overflow

Ok thanks, so do I need something like this. It's advertised as a Belfast sink waste:

EA353.jpg

Inch and a half slotted sink waste ;) and tell the shop it`s for a belfast sink ...take a measurement of the hole dia. with you ....needs to be a plumbers merchant or old hardware shop.......and you`ll need a plastic washer to go under the nut on the bottom of the sink.....you need exactly what you pictured as I was typing :LOL:

Sponsored Links
try and find one with the large steel back nut as the plastic ones are useless

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back