BES merchants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a job today to replace a knackered divertor valve on a ravenheat. My usuall supplier was out of stock (and charge £64 ex VAT) for a Gianoni valve.

I went to BES who delivered one the next day for £34 inc VAT and delivery (cust bought direct).

The part that came ive never seen before, its a diffent design and comes with a diffent microswitch assemby that doesnt fit the standay Gianoni valves.

Needless to say I was ****ed off when after fitting it the bloody thing is passing to heating and therefore DHW is luke warm at best.

Ive ordered a proper valve but has anyone had anything to do with this non genuine part before? It looks cheaply put together.

Sponsored Links
I thought the valves supplied by BES were genuine (Giannoni or Mutt) valves. Even if they aren't, they should work in exactly the same way. But I suppose if the secondary water flow is adequate the valve shouldn't let water through to the CH side.

what else can it be..twin pass heat exchanger, you turn on a hot tap and the rads heat..................cant be anything else other than the divetor valve. I assure you ive been a registered installer for 12 years and never seen a valve like this! It looks cheap (if you know what i mean)!

Sorry, I edited the bit that you responded to (before I saw your response), because I realised my mistake too. :oops:

Sponsored Links
never heard of MUTT chris.......got any lnks. Ill look to see if its the one.

This valve is very simliler to the Giannoni but the screws are smaller (no1 pozi) and instead of the small black circlip holding the microswiches on its a shiny metal circlip whick bends up to allow removel., The air break holes are larger too.

It's Mut with one t. Their current site doesn't show shunt valves, but I'm sure I've seen ones made by them somewhere. I'll have a look around and see if I can find anything.

But the one shown on the Mut site (above) is similar to the BES drawing in their 03/04 catalogue but not much like their current web site pic below -

p3_1.jpg

17091shunt.gif

Have used Mut and G ones. Last Mut one I tried to fit onto a Halstead Quattro wouldn't fit. Luckily I had a G one the same orientation. Hardly any difference in sizes but with 5 pipes it doesn't take much!
Place I use sells them both, mut ones about a quid cheaper!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back