Best Combi Boilers

Sponsored Links
impossible to say as a brilliant boiler can be easily be messed up by a poor installation or on a poor system.
boilers now days are very technical and expensive to repair.so i reccomend a vailliant or worcester boiler AND get makers service cover,it seems costly but the peace of mind is priceless.

A major manufacturer is now offering a solid 5 year guarantee on its condensing combi range of boilers,with the proviso that the boiler is serviced yearly by a legit corgi registered company.

Sponsored Links
Mikeyboy said:
A major manufacturer is now offering a solid 5 year guarantee on its condensing combi range of boilers,with the proviso that the boiler is serviced yearly by a legit corgi registered company.

Yep, but their reputation is not particularly good on this board. Personally I think they OK for middle of the range gear. And, I'm fitting the 5 year guarantee one next week - 5 years for a combi? I wouldn't expect it to last more than about 7 or 8 tops!

ArtfulBodger said:
5 years for a combi? I wouldn't expect it to last more than about 7 or 8 tops!

I must say that I had a BKL combi that lasted 12 yrs before giving up the ghost. Very reliable apart from eating thermocouples, I had to change them every 9 months or so (supervised by a Corgi of course).
Incidentally, does anyone know anything about these BKL boilers ,i.e who made them. :D

Buy a British made boiler, and if you must have a combi get the highest power model for best hot water performance. You pay more, but you get more.

I've been fitting the Ideal range for the past 4 years (now called the Icos & Isar HE) and had very few problems. Of those, one was a failed pump after 1 week, the other had a failed PCB on delivery; both covered by g'tee, and Ideal even came out next day on a Bank Holiday. Try ringing Vaillant at the w/e!

As previously posted, most failures (of any boiler) are down to poor installation - dirt in system, poor load balancing, dirt in system, scaled heat exchangers, dirt in system, existing leaks not rectified leading to dirt in system. Oh, and did I mention dirt in the system?

Isar HE combi comes in 24kW, 30kW, and 35kW, get the 35kW - see above.

Incidentally. Plumb CentRE market a rebadged Isar as their EVO brand, so worth a look.

Boulter Buderus. Well layed out, even engineers with big hands can get them in to fix it and service it properly.

Boilers that fiut in kitchen cupboards are a disaster waiting to happen.

Baxi Platinum combi 5 year guarantee stainless steel heat exchanger 16 litres a minute on the 33kw model wot more do you want :confused: ;)

I know im biased :confused:

Gordon, are you still SHOUTING? :evil:
Just press "caps lock" button....everybody else can manage it.

Vaillant. I used to think it bad that they made so many of the parts incororated themselves - but the parts ( and the boilers) just don't wear out just the rubbers! Vailllant are very understaffed so getting them out except to a new boiler aint easy to say the least

i repair boilers every day. ideal are ****, isar's/icos are awfull. pop boards, block up, thermistor faults the lot. even replaced the heat exchangers on them too- less than 5 years old. all idela boilers are **** for replacing heat x's especially response. best boilers or worcester/vailliant (like the bmw /audi's) then baxi/pottertons/glow-worms. trust me....i know what im on about. 10 years british gas technical engineer

depends on what your willing to spend
good cheap boiler would seem to be main
broagh are good
ideal logic + jurys out
worcester have a habit of frezzing
vaillant technical are hard to get through to
baxi are god

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back