best electricial suppliers

G

goldie_x

Hi Guy's

Can anyone tell me who is a good electrical supplier, (cheap & reliable)

I already use screwfix & TLC but had a few problems,

Please help!!!

Sponsored Links
not having the stock i need on that day, when i go 20miles (aprox) to get them,
delivered goods to wrong address,
not sending goods on time after telling me to have order in by 3pm to get next day delivery,

other then that there ok, !!

Anyone but CEF.

We use edmunsons and a local independant wholesaler in Leeds.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that, you must have a bunch of monkeys working in your area. I'm lucky I live about 15 minutes from the Swansea branch and there is a Parcelforce depot next door to TLC, never had a problem.

I found this link from this site. I have never used them but it might be worth a try.

http://www.alertelectrical.com/

Davy

Thanks davy, i will look it up, hopefully they will get there act together.

RF lighting,, thats funny as i have an account with CEF and only use them on emergences as there not cheap so i have found, so much for discount on account holders lol,

Davy thanks for that link i have just saved £45 difference from TLC, on a RCD out door socket,

Thanks again

Les

have made it company policy not to use CEF, as they are dear, and not my favourite wholesalers.

I use ross elec, and my local independent. I find both good.

Having problems with edmundsons, so cutting back until things pan out.

I use WF Electrical, Newey & Eyre and a local independent

Have TLC a bit pricy and light on stock at times

Hi Baldelectrician

Hope the problems are not bad, i will look them up for price's

thanks for post

Hi DESL

Thanks for the post, i have a catalogue for Newey & Eyre but not really looked at it, time to dig it out,

thanks

Les

Les

I'm fortunate to have 4 major suppliers and a couple of smaller independents within 2 miles so I can play one off against the other.

I have accounts at WF and CEF. I know peoples views of CEF but their Proteus CUs have circular ko's which are good for conduit termination.

We used to buy loads and loads of cable from CEF (not my decision as I always thought they were dear) but were out of stock. I rung Ed's first time ever and they offered me 50 m @ 20 pence P.M cheaper- no account, no nothing!!

Bought it and went and told CEF "ahhh, errr, oh really" was about all they could say..If you pester them by playing them off they will come down but they will always try to sting the unwary

Cheers

Richard

IMO the relationship you build up with a wholesaler/branch is often more important than their prices. You can always buy cheap but often you'll get a much better service from an independent.

Try and stay away from buying on line and build up a face to face relationship with one supplier so that they know your name when you walk in.

After a while you can start to haggle better prices because most
independents live off lots of small companies and they hate to loose them as they start to spend more.

PS...I'm glad that everyone else see's CEF for what they are.

Thanks everyone,

I had the rep from CEF call me once before as i hadn't been and got any good's from them in two weeks, its been about a month now so im expecting another call, lol,

Ill certainly give ed's a go they sound ok by guy's,

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back