Best fault finding books

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the 'Central Heating: Combi boilers, fault finding and repair' by John Reginald, but are there any other books that i shouild have to aid my knowledge of faultfinding combis etc?

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Dunno - but how would you rate that one?

Oh there's Ward's "Installing and Servicing Domestic CH Wiring Systems and Controls" which can be useful for old motorised valves, programmers etc. Full of wiring diagrams.

the john reginald book is excellent and has sections that guide you through loads of different combi faults.
I find having other books that might have additional info or even different views on methods of fault finding and rectification would be helpful helpful.

manufacturers helplines are also very good for on the spot help too. Nos can be found at back of manufacturers instructions booklets.
From experience Worcester Bosch (& Honeywell -controls) are both very helpful. Potterton c**p-am I allowed to say this? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
As i'm not on the job fault finding this is not an option, i'm reading up in preperation for when i pass my ccn1 etc next year.

thanks anyway.

bster said:
I have the 'Central Heating: Combi boilers, fault finding and repair' by John Reginald, but are there any other books that i shouild have to aid my knowledge of faultfinding combis etc?

cheers.

John Reginald has done another book which is all about system faults, can't remember its name off hand.

Both his books are basic stuff but are excellent reading for the newbies.

The one that ChrisR mentioned is worth having. Its got me out of a hole on a few occasions.

Bit pricey though, but worth it.

If the WARD book is the two tone brown thing then i've got that (i've left it at a job) and yes its brilliant!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back