best fixing for 3'x3' gate post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i was thinking of using some 130mm sleeve anchors to fix the post for a gate to the side of house.the ones from screwfix(£3.90 for 10) are the ones im thinking of how would u lot do it?

many thanks
:?: :?: ;)

Sponsored Links
Funny, I was also looking as these bolts last night in Wickes.
It's hard as I don't really know what I'm doing and there were about 50 to choose from.
Are thru bolts also called anything else such as "wallbolts":
http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/510010...vJOxcInvY1H4JwBcSZ2MIfCIMv2VNq1z WJ9bQPNXrg==

I'm fixing a 70mm wooden post to my wall for a gate and I'd assummed I'd have to countersink the bolt as they say the maximum width item they can hold is 60mm.

Sponsored Links
Bloody pricey! Is there no screwfix near you? Thrubolts are sometimes known as parabolts.
No need to c/sink if you get ones the right length (although cs can look tidier)

These would do it for example, although slightly longer and thicker than you'll need.

Or give these guys a call, I'm sure they'll put some in a jiffy bag and post them out.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
yes.

have a look on toolstation, i think they are cheaper and they do a better range (140 long which are ideal for 75mm posts)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back