best format for dvd player

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me the best format to use for a disc to play
on a ordinary dvd player
i am using studio 8 to make some home moves and i would like to give them to members of my family but one i did in vcd format will not play in my daughters dvd player,
any advice please,

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have pinacle studio 8

not all dvd players will recognise a v-cd, i mke mine ito dvd's

I do use nero tough

Moz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
best I use is VSO XtoDVD

ConvertXtoDVD

ConvertXtoDVD is a video converter software to convert and burn your videos to DVD. With ConvertXtoDVD and a few clicks you can backup your movies to DVD playable on any home DVD player.

ConvertXtoDVD supports most popular formats such as AVI to DVD; VOB, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, AVI, WMV, DV and stream formats to DVD. It converts your files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media.

Looking for free video converter software? ConvertXtoDVD is free video converter evaluation software - a small payment and you no longer have the vso watermark on the video output.

The aspect ratio can be automatically selected or forced to a specific format. The program works for NTSC and PAL video formats and creates chapters automatically. Multiple audio tracks are supported. Version 2 uses a completely rewritten interface with subtitles support and a lot of new settings.

VSO ConvertXtoDVD is neither affiliated with, nor using technology from Divx Networks!

download ,

an then get the crack ..;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i may have not explained myself properly
i am taking video using my mini-dv camcorder
then downloading it onto my pc and using pinacle studio 8
to edit it.
but is there a format thats best for most dvd players to use, ?
cd or dvd (dvd compatable, mpeg, vcd, svcd, etc,)
studio 8 has plenty of options,
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
johnad said:
is there a format thats best for most dvd players to use, ?
cd or dvd (dvd compatable, mpeg, vcd, svcd, etc,)
studio 8 has plenty of options,
thanks.

To create a 'normal' DVD from your native DV footage for use on a standalone player (i.e. under your TV) - the output format has to be MPEG2. For UK use this also means a full PAL resolution of 720x576 pixels.

Please note that you cannot just use any MPEG2 codec as it has to be within the guidelines regarding bitrates, resolution etc. Hopefully Studio 8 will have a preset for MPEG2 DVD creation, in Adobe Premiere you can choose various presets for either NTSC or PAL DVD.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Diyisfun said:
I have been lucky in as much all the dvd's I have made & passed around have worked & I have used + & -

Funny how I forgot about that but yes this can be quite a problem - you may find that some brands of blank DVD (whether + or - ) work on some DVD players but not on others. If you are not aware of the issue then you can spend quite some time wondering what went wrong!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have looked at the instuctions for my daughters dvd player and it says it will play vcd but the ones i make will not play on her dvd player but they do on mine i have used difirent brands of cd-r but still the same
any more sujestiions please

Sponsored Links