best format for dvd player

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone tell me the best format to use for a disc to play
on a ordinary dvd player
i am using studio 8 to make some home moves and i would like to give them to members of my family but one i did in vcd format will not play in my daughters dvd player,
any advice please,

Sponsored Links
i have pinacle studio 8

not all dvd players will recognise a v-cd, i mke mine ito dvd's

I do use nero tough

best I use is VSO XtoDVD

ConvertXtoDVD

ConvertXtoDVD is a video converter software to convert and burn your videos to DVD. With ConvertXtoDVD and a few clicks you can backup your movies to DVD playable on any home DVD player.

ConvertXtoDVD supports most popular formats such as AVI to DVD; VOB, Mpeg, Mpeg4, MP4, AVI, WMV, DV and stream formats to DVD. It converts your files into a compliant DVD Video set of files and burns it on a DVD media.

Looking for free video converter software? ConvertXtoDVD is free video converter evaluation software - a small payment and you no longer have the vso watermark on the video output.

The aspect ratio can be automatically selected or forced to a specific format. The program works for NTSC and PAL video formats and creates chapters automatically. Multiple audio tracks are supported. Version 2 uses a completely rewritten interface with subtitles support and a lot of new settings.

VSO ConvertXtoDVD is neither affiliated with, nor using technology from Divx Networks!

download ,

an then get the crack ..;)

Sponsored Links
i may have not explained myself properly
i am taking video using my mini-dv camcorder
then downloading it onto my pc and using pinacle studio 8
to edit it.
but is there a format thats best for most dvd players to use, ?
cd or dvd (dvd compatable, mpeg, vcd, svcd, etc,)
studio 8 has plenty of options,
thanks.

johnad said:
is there a format thats best for most dvd players to use, ?
cd or dvd (dvd compatable, mpeg, vcd, svcd, etc,)
studio 8 has plenty of options,
thanks.

To create a 'normal' DVD from your native DV footage for use on a standalone player (i.e. under your TV) - the output format has to be MPEG2. For UK use this also means a full PAL resolution of 720x576 pixels.

Please note that you cannot just use any MPEG2 codec as it has to be within the guidelines regarding bitrates, resolution etc. Hopefully Studio 8 will have a preset for MPEG2 DVD creation, in Adobe Premiere you can choose various presets for either NTSC or PAL DVD.

Diyisfun said:
I have been lucky in as much all the dvd's I have made & passed around have worked & I have used + & -

Funny how I forgot about that but yes this can be quite a problem - you may find that some brands of blank DVD (whether + or - ) work on some DVD players but not on others. If you are not aware of the issue then you can spend quite some time wondering what went wrong!

i have looked at the instuctions for my daughters dvd player and it says it will play vcd but the ones i make will not play on her dvd player but they do on mine i have used difirent brands of cd-r but still the same
any more sujestiions please

Sponsored Links
Back