Best ladders for decorating stairwell?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We live in a fairly typical semi-detached property and will soon turn our attention to decorating the landing and stairs. Going up from behind the front door, we have 10 steps in a straight line and then a 90 degree turn and two more to get to the landing. The small bedroom (directly about the from door and hall) has a cupboard which hangs over the stairwell.

What kind of ladder(s) will give me the best flexibility for reaching the highest parts of the wall and ceiling over the stairs?

Sponsored Links
I agree with the suggestion of a combi-ladder, especially as they can (with the addition of home-made staging) be used as a tall hop-up or even a workbench and make pruning (or even cat rescue from trees) easier. If you're up in the North West of England Ash of Ancoats (Manchester) is the place to go - they do British-made trade-rated multifolds like that from about £80 upwards depending on size. They also do cheaper DIY ones as well, but they don't interest me (insurance.....) and the best of the lot, the Little Giant, although they're a bit more expensive at £220 and up

Scrit

Sponsored Links
Lidl sometimes have these combi ladders on offer at about £40. They are to EN131 & come with steel tread plates. I've got one....They're Brill !!!! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back