best Part P tester

G

goldie_x

Hi all

I am doing my part P test with the niceic on fri,
After forking out enough money for a robin kit,
I have been told that it is not what i need,

Can anyone tell me what is a good and very simple to use part P tester, that will help pass me the test.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi spark 123,

I remember a post a couple of days ago talking about a megger someone one buying,

I bought a Robin RCD tester (kmp 5404dl)
A Robin insulation-continuity tester ( kmp3010dl)
And a psc-loop tester (kmp 4116dl)

Why were you advised they are not up to the job? Without looking up the numbers first instincts are if they meet the requirements of the 16th edition they are fine. Does the loop/pscc have DLOC, you may find this handy?

Sponsored Links
Can anyone tell me what is a good and very simple to use part P tester,

Don't believe what the the suppliers say there is no such thing as a Part P tester. Testers that comply with BS7671 is what you need.

this is what i bought,

http://isswww.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?id=6006

I was told it didn't do the Z readings,
As i haven't been able to do work within part p i haven't got to use them, A mate went to show me tonight he he looked as confused as i was,

so was looking at getting something else to make my test for part P easier for me, i've never been one for paper work im more a practical working person (hands on),
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi there DESL

so getting me one of these wouldn't make it easier for me?

Ill be so p@@*ed off if i fail,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://isswww.co.uk/productdetail.aspx?id=4912

Ops forgot the link (lol)

please note forum rules, general information, item g

That is the purpose of an elfi tester, to give Ze / Zs etc readings!! Just sounds like you are trying to use it incorrectly? What exactly are you trying to do with it? Ze reading or a Zs? IIRC there is a kettle lead with that tester for plugging into sockets with? Is there also a green earth test lead which plugs in separately on the back?

yes spark there is a green lead and a kettle lead,

i have my C&G level 3 which dealt with testing at college, but it was in june last year and my brain has lost most of what they taught me,

i only want to use it for passing my part p course on fri, then i can study like mad to issue cert's, on my own work

(sorry linda)

Does the kettle lead come with two probes and a croc clip? If you connect this to the supply, set efli range and press test it should give you the reading. I think there are instructions printed on the inside of the lid too.

it comes wit three probe leads, and a red/black croc clip,

yer there is guides on in inside,

ill have to have a play around tomo with them, cant get into touble using them in my own place,

didn't know if one item would do all in one go, making it easier for me, after mate telling me it wasn't god enough,

Just ratched my old kmp4118DL out, just connect the leads, checkes both green lights are on, selected range, press the button and displayed impedance, no messing.

Cool thanks sparks

mine is same as your's well nearly, so ill have a go meself,
ill probly get someone that just ask's questions that i cant answer after worring about me meter's being ok LOL

Thanks mate

Goldie, you are very confused, mate.
I am doing my part P test with the niceic on fri,
There is no such thing as a Part P Test, just as there is no such thing as a Part P Tester.

There is nothing wrong with that Robin test kit. It's reliable, accurate and (largely) foolproof.

As i haven't been able to do work within part p i haven't got to use them
Regardless of your status as non-registered, there is no excuse for not testing and certifying your work.
i only want to use it for passing my part p course on fri, then i can study like mad to issue cert's, on my own work
So, what's the test on Friday then?

I hope it's the assessment at the end of a 5-day DISQ course. And, again, it's NOT a Part P course! (Get your tutor to explain what Part P actually is.)

If Friday is your Domestic Installer on-site assessment you may have already failed because you have no evidence of inspection and testing.

Hi dingbat

many thanks for your response, let me clarify.

My appointment on friday is NICEIC Domestic Installer on-site assessment.

I have my level 3 C&G which included inspection, testing and commissioning instulations.

To my knowledge I am not yet qualified to test or certify the work myself and that's why I have to pay another source to complete the testing and inspection on my behalf.

Therefore my evidence of testing and inspection has been done by certified testers and inspectors which is what the NICEIC said I had to do until I've passed fridays assesment, at which point I'll be able to test and inspect the work myself, providing of course that I pass.

Have I missed something?

Regardless of your status as non-registered, there is no excuse for not testing and certifying your work.

I can test my own work, but I cannot certify my own work, not until friday when I pass this NICEIC inspection.

Can you explain to me how I'm supposed to certify when not currently registered?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back