Best Place to buy a cement mixer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a lot of work coming up that requires a cement mixer, so it'll probably be cheaper to buy than repeated hiring. appart from the obvious B&Q and wickes, where's the best place to look for a reasonable machine?..cheers

Sponsored Links
How about starting with the Internet, yellow pages, thomson directory, local builders merchant etc etc etc. :mad: Oh and while your at it, try reading the forum rules.

nstreet said:
Oh and while your at it, try reading the forum rules.

mind explaining that... :?:

How about starting with the Internet, yellow pages, thomson directory, local builders merchant etc etc etc

silly me - I hadn't thought of those!!..I was merely asking about where to get a decent machine! Thanks for the help!

ellal said:
I've got a lot of work coming up that requires a cement mixer, so it'll probably be cheaper to buy than repeated hiring. appart from the obvious B&Q and wickes, where's the best place to look for a reasonable machine?..cheers
Has mine from superstore when it was Texas! and still going strong after 10 years, I paid £99 for it and I think there're about £199 now. What I will say be careful if you're buying a electric cement mixer, don't put too much of 3/4" ballast sand (with stones) as it quite heavy and can stop the mixer so do half a mix to look after it. Others sand not a problem. Have a look at ebay . You can buy it now for £175 if you don't want to auction it.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
ellal said:
nstreet said:

How about starting with the Internet, yellow pages, thomson directory, local builders merchant etc etc etc

silly me - I hadn't thought of those!!..I was merely asking about where to get a decent machine! Thanks for the help!

ntstreet is refering to item 4

as for your obvious sarcasm, i appreciate what you are saying (well the way you say it) but often people come on here and ask"dumb" questions rather than do the obvious of checking local suppliers, yellow pages which is what it appears you havent done in your first post (we are not mind readers)

masona thanks..I was a bit wary about the diy store models, but the tip about the ballast makes sense. I don't really want to go down the 'petrol mixer' route..

Texas...now thats a 'blast from the past'..!

breezer said:
ellal said:
nstreet said:

ntstreet is refering to item 4

as for your obvious sarcasm, i appreciate what you are saying (well the way you say it) but often people come on here and ask"dumb" questions rather than do the obvious of checking local suppliers, yellow pages which is what it appears you havent done in your first post (we are not mind readers)

point taken..I thought that I'd asked something relevant, but posts can often be written/read ambiguously. I just didn't appreciate the tone of the reply..

please note 10a

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back