Best Value Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a look and cant find anything relating to this anywhere else on here, but please correct me if i am wrong. My boiler has packed up. Needs a new board at a best guess which is #200.00+vat and its a ravenheat so i am going to cut my losses and get a new boiler. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which are the best budget boilers I have got about 700.00 to spend including fitting and I also have the old boiler which is only about 2 years old and everything else works, heat exchanger etc, is there anybody who does trade ins?

the boiler is servicing a small 2 bedroom house with 4 large radiators (slim line) and 3 small radiators. if this helps.

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT] oh and it is also heating the DHW.

Sponsored Links
Most PCBs are about £100 to supply.

There is no second hand market for non condensing boilers as they cannot be fitted legally normally.

Its always cheaper to repair then replace.

Tony

I have checked the costing of the main board and it is 215.00 inclusive :eek:

On top of that everybody i have spoken to regarding ravenheat boilers gives them a good slagging off, with a few people even refusing to service them, hence putting the money towards a better boiler, with better build quality/reliability and more cost effective spares. Are these just small minded comments or is there something to this?

twangy said:
I have had a look and cant find anything relating to this anywhere else on here, but please correct me if i am wrong. My boiler has packed up. Needs a new board at a best guess which is #200.00+vat and its a ravenheat so i am going to cut my losses and get a new boiler. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which are the best budget boilers I have got about 700.00 to spend including fitting and I also have the old boiler which is only about 2 years old and everything else works, heat exchanger etc, is there anybody who does trade ins?

the boiler is servicing a small 2 bedroom house with 4 large radiators (slim line) and 3 small radiators. if this helps.

Thanks in advance.

[EDIT] oh and it is also heating the DHW.

Id pay the £200 for the PCB , you aint gonna get a combi swap budget or not for £700.

What model of Ravenheat is it? They aint bad budget boilers at all.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back