Best way to advertise plumbing services?

He who knows not and knows .......................................................................................................................................................................e who knows and knows he knows: he is wise-follow him.

Bruce Lee, the way he told 'em. ;)

Sponsored Links
£600 for a bathroom refit, labour only. My prices are fair and low=happy customers. When i quote, i show them a portfolio of my work, my actual work, let them judge then they either give me a job or not. As long as the customer is happy, i am happy.

Im finding you rarely get positive feedback from rivals. ;)

:p

How much is your indemnity insurance premiums Naz?

You haven't told us what anti-scold valve you used, nor the regs that you checked. Also, did your college tutors ever mention about keeping pipework straight, or did you have a cold and were off for that lesson?

And what were their views on using flexis to connect a WC cistern - is that what they'd consider best practice nowadays?

Maybe we've got you wrong - you say that you have a portfolio that yoou show customers. Any chance of you putting some of that in your album instead of what's already there?

And here's me thinking this is a DIY site....?

Everyone on here started out at some point, and learnt over time from their own mistakes.

I'm very surprised so many of you "Professionals" are jumping on the bandwagon of slating this guy.

If this is the choice of career he wants to follow, good for him. If he gets repeat business from customers, even better. If he really was as bad as you guys make him out to be, he would be out of business in no time.

Rather than criticise his work perhaps you can give him tips to help him improve his work? That way he'll actually learn from whatever mistakes he is making in your "Professional" opinions?

Sponsored Links
With respect, some of us have been dealing with IronNaz for a fair old while now and come to our opinion and conclusions based on our experiences.

Mrdjc, Indeed this is a DIY site and in the main DIYers are given good advise to help them with their projects... Iron Naz Is NOT a DIYer, he charges for his labour and as such is expected to be able to adequately carry out the work for which he charges...

In Naz's early posts, he stated that he thought that plumbers were cowboys and that he would put them out of business (Or words to that effect) Yet he has the Brass Neck to come here and ask the same plumbers that he regards as cowboys how to do the job that he is charging for..... Mr Naz is an information sponge, using a DIY site to help him learn a trade that he has little aptitude for yet offers little to this forum..... His posts are a constant list of "How do I?"... for work that he is charging for... If he is charging,then he should know.. He has insulted many tradesmen on here yet continues to ask for help....... Personally I think that he is a wind up merchant.

Mrdjc, Indeed this is a DIY site and in the main DIYers are given good advise to help them with their projects... Iron Naz Is NOT a DIYer, he charges for his labour and as such is expected to be able to adequately carry out the work for which he charges...

In Naz's early posts, he stated that he thought that plumbers were cowboys and that he would put them out of business (Or words to that effect) Yet he has the Brass Neck to come here and ask the same plumbers that he regards as cowboys how to do the job that he is charging for..... Mr Naz is an information sponge, using a DIY site to help him learn a trade that he has little aptitude for yet offers little to this forum..... His posts are a constant list of "How do I?"... for work that he is charging for... If he is charging,then he should know.. He has insulted many tradesmen on here yet continues to ask for help....... Personally I think that he is a wind up merchant.

With all due respect, i have never called anyone on here a cowboy. If you wish to paint me as a villain at least base it on what i have said. I made a comment in regards to a thread in which someone was getting charged a high fee for boiler repairs which did NOT result in the faults being fixed.

I therefore said this is not right, and those charging customers high rates and still not repairing the fault are crooks. I stand by my comments. There are not many areas in life where you can charge someone £150+ to fix a fault, do a couple of hours work, NOT fix it, yet still demand getting paid the full amount as you only "suspected" the pasrt you replaced was faulty.

There is one thing which really gets to me and that is seeing hard working people having to pay large amounts of money to get a boiler repaired, part with their money, yet are left with the same problem and a non-functioning boiler.

For some reason this has really got to some on here. Why? Do you guys feel its ok to charge to fix something, dont manage to fix it yet still expect to get paid, for basically failing to do your job?

Basic boiler repairs i can do, i have done so on my own boiler, yet i would never work on a customers boiler as i'm not qualified to do so. What i AM able to do is work on plumbing, and if i am unable to fix a plumbing fault, barr a small call out fee, i will not charge for failing to fix something.

There are many things i can do as a novice plumber for which i dont need advice. But as i work alone, there will be a number of things i will come across for the first time which i will be unsure off. With a little advice from those with experience, i'd be able to work on most issues i will come across. If i was working as an apprentice, i'd ask my master. But unfortunately i dont have that option. Therefore i come on here and ask for advice. Why does make me the target of so much venom on here?

erm right no double check vavles to pre vent backflow :eek:
and on last bathroom did you tile in where pump for central heating may be

erm right no double check vavles to pre vent backflow :eek:
and on last bathroom did you tile in where pump for central heating may be

i may be wrong here but i dont recall being taught you have to fit double check valves on the pipework to mixer taps. where does it state in building regs that this is a must?

Same goes for isolation valves. Where does it state these must be fitted on each tap pipe, by law? It may be good practice but is it law?

In regards to your last question, i dont understand which photo your referring to. please explain.

i may be wrong here but i dont recall being taught you have to fit double check valves on the pipework to mixer taps. where does it state in building regs that this is a must?
any shower hose where the shower head can reach water then you need one water reg`s
Same goes for isolation valves. Where does it state these must be fitted on each tap pipe, by law? It may be good practice but is it law?
yes it is in the reg`s all appliance must be able to isolate indivulay

In regards to your last question, i dont understand which photo your referring to. please explain.
last bathroom where you laid the tiles on diagnal bit at the back of the bath is where they use to put pumps and pipe work

I've had look at building regs but cant find anything about isolation valves being a must for all taps/appliances. Would be grateful if you could provide the reg number.

in regards to the angled tiling behind the bath, the reason for the shape of that area is that its where the stairs come up. The bathroom is on the first floor. There is no pipework around that area.

I've had look at building regs but cant find anything about isolation valves being a must for all taps/appliances. Would be grateful if you could provide the reg number.

water reg`s

in regards to the angled tiling behind the bath, the reason for the shape of that area is that its where the stairs come up. The bathroom is on the first floor. There is no pipework around that area.
that`s all right then

Well your shower by Wc is category 5 risk.

So technically your right, double check valve not a requirement.
Unfortunately cat 5 requires a different form of backflow prevention, one you don't seem to know about. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back