Best way & tool to clean builders mess/dust etc?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had some cowboys working for me - taking partition walls out etc. and also plastering some ceilings etc.

The house is full of dust (and builders waste such as spilt plaster etc.) - every corner, top, bottom left right - you cannot walk without the clothes getting dirty!

I want to clean up without really using the sweep brush as it can get very dusty - any recommendations on how and what tools i could use to clean up the mess would be gratefully appreicated - btw under some floorboards there's plenty of rubbish too that i'd like to remove also.

Thanks, Ash

Sponsored Links
An Aqua-Vac type thing will do it.

See if you can get the big paper bags that fit inside, as the usual cartridge filter will quickly be choked with plaster and cement dust (but you can scrub them clean in the sink)

It will be quicker to sweep up with a soft broom and shovel first (use a breathing mask) and tip into strong polybags or bins. You can wet them when full to prevent further dust as you carry them out.

When you think it's perfectly clean, wet-mop and wipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back