Biasi double radiator from B&Q all sealed up at top/bott

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A new biasi radiator double radiator from B&Q
double 400x 700 does not make sense.
At one end which I thought to be the bottom but is probably the top there is bleed screw openning and at the other side an openning.
At the other end I thought to be the top it is completely sealed and painted up with what looks like a joint not meant to be opened.
It came with no instructions.
I come to install it, realising I cant bleed it from the top because it is all sealed up.
It looks like a very large phillips type key is needed to undo one of the seals.
It was not very expensive. I am beginning to understand why.
Clearly a radiator has got to have 2 openings at the bottom for input and output and an opening at the top for air bleeding.

Sponsored Links
I used one of these radiators recently.

Just remove the 2 plastic bungs with a large screwdriver, they just unscrew.

From memory the bungs where at the bottom. Put the supplied end stop and bleed value in the top openings and the valves in the holes left by the bungs.

Hi
I was about to post something to say please ignore this because I
got to the biasi.co.uk web site, saw the pictures, realised I had mine
upside down and then stuck a screwdriver in what I thought was a welded joint only to discover it was a piece of plastic.

I feel a complete idiot.

Thank you for response on this.

Sponsored Links
I did laugh at an owner with a new boiler.

On the phone I told him that there was no flow through the heating and the usual cause was the plastic bung had been left in place when the boiler was fitted.

The Owner assured me his plumber had removed all bungs. I said ok but my visit would cost him £84, he said fine.

I arrived and decided which of the two heating connections was still bunged up.

In front of him I slowly and dramatically undid the connection and showed the red bung still in place !!! He paid up, pity his plumber though !

Tony

Was recently called to a flat where I do the Landlords Gas Records. One radiator won't get hot, on a fairly new system. It had been hot a few days before. I was very busy so asked all the questions on the phone. They kept moaning they were cold although the room had a gas fire in it! Three calls in a day and I was getting fed up with saying I'd call in when I'd finished the day but I still couldn't give an accurate time.

9.20pm, welcoming committee of annoyed landlady and 4 tenants all wearing coats. They thought the gas fire "might be dangerous" so wouldn't use it though I'd serviced it a month earlier.
TRV one end, standard one the other which they said was wide open. They vanished into the kitchen "it's warm in there". I opened the standard valve, which was shut, and the rad was heating in a second. So I hopped to the front door yelling out "OK, Bye". As soon as I'd seen a face to smile at for an instant, I disappeared into the night like a phantom vanquisher of frost.
Well not quite - phantoms don't send bills.

I once did a power flush on a slightly dirty system mostly because the tenant convinced the landlord that a radiator was turned on but was not heating up!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back