Big Things, how do you know they will fit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not as silly as it sounds. Our bathroom is upstairs, and one day i will need to replace the bath. The stairs are narrow and the bathroom is round to the left at the top and it looks very much like a bath wouldn't to go up them (certainly our double bed would not!) I assume the bath came in through the window, but this entails somehow carrying a bath up a ladder! and holding up all the traffic in the road outside.

The long and short of it is, is there an accepted way of finding out if something will go up stairs, or anywhere. Without actually trying?

Sponsored Links
id say the original bath came up the stairs, next time your walking past askip with a bath in it, ask for it and try ;)

unless they hoisted it up?

i was in a place yesterday, everything in the entire block has to come in via the window, lift is too small, stairs to tight, but people dont realise that untill after they have moved in

Next door said it came in through the window, i asked him just now..... (small Cornish terraced house, right on the road)

Sponsored Links
breezer said:

i was in a place yesterday, everything in the entire block has to come in via the window, lift is too small, stairs to tight, but people dont realise that untill after they have moved in

Barratt Homes by any chance? A friend of mine bought a one of these new 3 storey houses and had problems getting anything up the first flight of stairs. Ended up having to remove the upstairs windows to get his fuirniture in :eek:

You'd have thought house builders would take things like this into consideration. They obviously dont and couldn't care less.

Glassman said:
breezer said:

Barratt Homes by any chance? A friend of mine bought a one of these new 3 storey houses and had problems getting anything up the first flight of stairs. Ended up having to remove the upstairs windows to get his fuirniture in :eek:

You'd have thought house builders would take things like this into consideration. They obviously dont and couldn't care less.

Live in a Barrett place myself, getting my sofa in was torture, whoever decided to run a wall at 90 degrees about 2 1/2 feet back from the front door wants shooting

Moving out soon, looking forward to getting it out again :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back