birch tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
iv just had my birch tree cut right back to the trunk on every branch will it grow back in time thanks in advance :cry:

Sponsored Links
hyde said:
will it grow back in time

images

in time for what?

Probably means eventualy ...Wel if it dont it will be a pole not a tree. :cry:

It probably will grow back, but why did you do something so drastic? Why did the cutter not advise otherwise?

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
It probably will grow back, but why did you do something so drastic? Why did the cutter not advise otherwise?
it was the next door neighbours son who is a gardener and offered to do it but i think it was for there benefit as it was shading there garden i suppose it,ll take years to grow back i,ll know better next time thanks for your reply

It won't grow back as such, it will grow small twig-like branches. This is how firewood was grown in the old days (called coppicing).

joe

or Pollarding.....like Eric on Emmerdale ;) Son was a "gardener" not a tree surgeon then :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back