bird poo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok,first off,i like birds in my garden.But i do not like it when they sit on my newly erected fence and then leave poo runs all down my panels.Any humane ideas to keep them from perching on it?I have tried firing some staples into the woodwork at different hieghts along the top,but hasnt done much good.I dont have a cat,and i dont like brightly coloured windmills spinning around to deter them.Please help...cheers

Sponsored Links
My daughter (2 1/2) was getting fed up with birds sitting on her swing and pooing in her seat. My dad stretched a wire on two wooden posts along the top and this has stopped it. You could do something similar. Green garden wire works and doesn't show up.

Nail Carpet Gripper to the top of your fence.... Stops the birdies, and the cats getiing it.... Youll be supprised once its been painted ull never notice it....

Or try putting some (O) rings in your fence tops and running fishing line through it.... Either should work

MasterAbacus said:
Nail Carpet Gripper to the top of your fence.... Stops the birdies, and the cats getiing it.... Youll be supprised once its been painted ull never notice it....

Or try putting some (O) rings in your fence tops and running fishing line through it.... Either should work

Personally I think carpet gripper is inhumane as cats will often land on it (admittedly only once) so damaging their feet. Actually I have damaged my hands many times because people have done this: I'm not a burglar - I'm a landscaper.

Sponsored Links
well its a garden, and funnily enough birds will inhabit it and do things like that, when theyre visiting to get rid of pests for you. carpet gripper, well if you want to open yourself up to possible prosecution as well as making your lovely fence look crap then go ahead!

Its a garden not a lounge, nature lives there and it happens

Wouldn't bother me personally but at the same time I can understand you thinking that it spoils all your hard work and investment.

One 'humane' way might be to smear Vasalene or grease along the top.
I doubt if you would see it and I can't imagine it doing the birds any harm either. It would hopefully (but possibly not) make it uncomfortable to perch on.

Now the thought of a cat leaping onto the fence to catch a bird, only to slide the entire length getting splinters in it's bum, well that does interest me.

Don't be alarmed, I do like cats (i have 2) but I hate it when they catch birds.

Mel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back