black hair dye stain on carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i desperately need help on the removal of black hair dye stain on the carpet......its not a fresh stain and i need to find some product or solutions to remove it.... :cry:

Sponsored Links
I have a wonderful product called "Goo Be Gone".....not only did it remove week old hair dye from my light carpet, but it seems to remove everything from anything! I've also used this product to remove grease from clothing, ink from clothing and other stains from carpeting. There are directions on the back for different things and I find if you just follow these it works wonderfully! Also it has a wonderful orange smell! I'm in Canada but it says this product was made in the US. Good luck!

Giardini:

Try using bleach straight out of the jug on an inconspicuous spot on the carpet. If the carpet is solution dyed (which means the color comes from tiny colored particles added to the plastic before drawing it into a fiber, then you can use bleach on the carpet without harming the carpet. All 100 percent Olefin carpets are solution dyed. If you have an Olefin carpet, or a solution dyed polyester or solution dyed nylon commercial carpet, you can use bleach to remove otherwise impossible stains from it, without harming the carpet.

But, check to see if bleach takes the color out of the carpet in an inconspicuous spot, first. If it does, then try using a solvent to dissolve the dye like paint thinner maybe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back