Black smoke from a wall mounted Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,
Can anyone help me with a smooky wall heater.
It's a Valour Tropic trend 2 which has been unused for a year but after firing it up it's puffing out black smoke and made a real mess of my brickwork ! :cry:
The heater has had a new concentric valve fitted and been brushed and swept of the sooty deposits inside the boiler and the flue but it still insists on being totally antisocial and puffing black smoke towards my sons bedroom window.

Any ideas mates.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
YES, it indicates 2 possibilities, 1 is that it has been badly set up for ages and the flue is full of soot and needs sweeping. This is not the case as it has been cleaned.

THE OTHER IS MUCH MORE SERIOUS IN THAT IT IS STILL BADLY SET UP AND THERE IS NOT ENOUGH AIR FOR THE FUEL.

THIS WILL PRODUCE CARBON MONOXIDE!!!!!!!

UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD IT LOOKED AT, DON'T OPEN ANY WINDOW NEAR IT, AND I WOULD SUGGEST YOU AND YOUR SON LT LEAST SLEEP ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HOUSE, OR BETTER STILL, TURN IT OFF UNTIL IT'S FIXED.

I might be wrong but at least you will still be alive to beat me up.

Do exactly what oilman says with ephasisis on Turn it off until checked and sorted!

Thanks for the advice, now to try and find a plumber just before xmas.
As a matter of interest how does the air get in to a sealed heater?

Thanks for now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back