Blanket Loft Insulation 270mm - Where to Buy ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm trying to find the best deal on blanket insulation for my loft.

I need 20 SqM & have read you should have a thickness of 270mm. http://www.whitehorsedc.gov.uk/Energy/DetailPage-5386.asp

The local B&Q only have Knauff 150mm @ £10.48 covers 2 SqM per roll. So £104.80 for 10 rolls. Ideally I want 270mm. Can anyone post a URL for a company that sells cheaper ?

Cheapest I've found so far is £22.18 for 270mm, but postage is £23.50!
http://www.above-it-all.co.uk/acatalog/Loft_Insulation.html

Sponsored Links
Do you definitely need 270mm? I know that's what is recommended on the website but in the past I have used 150mm followed by a 100 mm cross lay. This tends to work out cheaper and is much easier to handle.

You also get the benefit of ensuring no air gaps between the rolls.

Alternatively use some insulation with foil backing (either single or double sided) as this will reduce the total thickness required quite dramatically in some cases. Just remember that any insulation with a foil surface requires an airgap facing the foil surface to function correctly. This is because the foil is there to reflect radiant heat energy and a lack of an airgap makes it become a conductor of heat!

shenks is spot on.

150mm between joists 100mm over the top.

thats how b.c like it anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all.

Didn't want to go down the Grant option as we've had them out to quote. £109 for 100mm thickness.

Got my stuff from Wickes today. There was an offer in store - 30% off all loft insulation.

Bought 4x170mm / 4½ SqM & 2x100mm / 10 SqM @ £12.79 a roll. Job done for £77!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back