Bleeding Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to bleed my radiators and have never done so before, so i have read about it on this website and in the forums, and i am pretty sure i know what i need to do.

however there is one thing i am wondering about and i havent been able to find this in any of the posts i have looked at, so sorry to create yet another post about bleeding radiators!

i live in a 3 story town house and have a combi boiler. should i be bleeding the radiators in any special order, ie start downstairs and work up or?

Sponsored Links
Order doesn't really matter, although same say work up from bottom. Remember you need to repressurise the system when the pressure drops as a result of the venting of air.

Why do you think you need to vent the rads anyway?

hi chrishutt,

i have a couple of radiators which are hotter at the bottom than the top which i think means i have air trapped in them.

i might have to look into it a bit more though if i need to repressurise the system as thats something im not sure about. currently the pressure seems quite high and the needle is above the 'preffered' range. i am not at home but from memory i think its around the 3 mark at present - so possibly venting the radiators will lower the pressure to a more ideal range? i am only guessing though.

Sponsored Links
Your right about needing to vent rads. Read the stuff in the FAQ topic about filling loops, etc. Sounds like your pressure might be too high - could be related to problem with air in system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back